Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cherry Pie - 09/12

I like my life to have drama. I've always been this way. In retrospect I think it may have even stemmed from childhood as a coping mechanism. If I create a drama I don't have to deal with the real issues going on.

The past few weeks have been full of fun-filled drama, I've been busy being mama, wife, friend, , musician, expert coffee drinker and keen beer guzzler. I think I've been doing too much and last weekend I started to crumble. It started with an empathy tear for a friend and quickly turned into a "Woe is me" full blown cry. I sat on her couch and cried and poured my heart out.......And didn't I pour out! I left there feeling so sorry for myself and proceeded to live the next few days in a hazy blur of tears and confusion. Yesterday afternoon I played music with this fabulous woman Katie (be sure to click on her name and go check out her page) and all my worries and drama have disappeared! Amazingly just like that. Because I did what makes me happy! And now I'm riding that wave of delight again. I've fallen in love with Denmark again, I remember why I loved it as soon as we got here all those 7 years ago. The freedom, the music, the liveliness, the food, the smells, the community, the beautiful people (inside and out.....seriously Denmark has a GOOD looking town-folk).

So this weekend we're off to eat, drink, spit, stomp cherries at the the Manjimup Cherry Festival in our caravan. A cute little family holiday before the true madness of Christmas begins......
Cherry Fest

1 comment:

  1. I saw you twice today and we didn't even touch on half of this. . . I must have done a lot of talking about me! Thank goodness for blogs. xo

    ReplyDelete