Saturday, May 1, 2010

Eye of the Tiger - 01/05


Less than a week ago I was ecstatic that I was able to run for 4 minutes without stopping.
For the passed 2 days I've ran for 25 minutes without stopping. What an awesome feeling! I am proud of myself. For someone who struggles to find motivation, I'm so pleased that I've found something that is interesting me enough to leave the comfort of my plush couch. So now I can add running to my(very short)list of hobbies.
I read an article today about a runner who took his wife on her first 5km run and he said "I looked over at her a few times and thought she was about to slow to a walk but she kept going. You have to find that motivation when you run. It's all in your mind. If you heard a gun shot behind you I assure you that you could run another 5km!" I read that this morning and as I was running this afternoon, I was thinking to myself "Hell, I've been through a 28-hour labour, I can run for 30 mins"

What I'm listening to today: Cabron-RHCP
What I'm reading today: A whole stack of Runners World magazines -don't know how they can fill a magazine EVERY month just about running.....

No comments:

Post a Comment